The Care Manager (CM) will manage all aspect of health care for their assigned clients residing in their home. There is a strong focus on medication management, disease process management and keeping members healthy and independent. The Care Manager (CM) will provide clinical case management services including; health assessments, education, and advocating for clients. This candidate will identify and coordinate appropriate levels of care under the direct supervision of the Corporate Clinical Services Administrator.
CMs workload is generally self-directed and not prescribed; the ability to function in a less structured work environment is very important. This is a long-term PRN position, with the ability to work to a caseload of up to 35 clients.
- Complete a Health Assessment upon the initiation of care with each client and as needed after.
- Develop, coordinate and assist in the delivery of a plan of care
- Provide ongoing medication management, disease process management and coordinate multiple community resources based on client needs.
- Evaluate and document progress towards goals.
- Work effectively as part of the Case Management team, each client’s family support team, and with other health care partners.
- Effectively maintain a caseload of approximately 10 – 35 clients.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet the client and families’ needs which may include working after traditional hours and on weekends.
- Maintain face-to- face contact with each client consistent with company policy and client program of service. Territory is based on a 30 to 40 miles radius of your home zip code
- Complete all paperwork within 24 hours of completing any client contact and submit. Report any and all concerns to your direct supervisor as soon as possible.
- Represent Acuity within the community in an effective and professional manner. Maintain Professional boundaries at all times.
- Comply with all reporting requirements as defined by program requirements and standards.
- RN / Registered Nurse, or LCSW / Social Worker or Degree in Social Work with two years geriatric care management, or LPN/ LVN / Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Minimum 1 year experience as a RN / LPN / LVN / LCSW
- Experience in In-home case / care management
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies in your community.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within the role and scope
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs including electronic medical records. Computer Proficiency a MUST (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Own your own computer / High Speed Internet in home
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and access to an automobile
- Bilingual – English, Spanish
- Certification in Case Management
- Motivational Interviewing Certification and/or knowledge
- Acuity Healthcare Solutions offers a full suite of health benefits for eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, basic and voluntary life and ADD insurance, and short term disability coverage. All full-time or part time employees scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week are eligible to enroll in any of our employer sponsored health benefits. New full time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Variable-hour employees are eligible based on the number of hours worked per month. Depending on the actual hours of service, the company may offer coverage for certain periods of time during employment, but not at other times. Acuity Healthcare Solutions measures health benefit eligibility in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations and Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance guidelines.